Thursday, March 24, 2005

Cherry Blossom Festival Starts This Weekend

The start of spring only means one thing (well more than a few things, but I'm going for the dramatic angle here) in Washington D.C. - The annual blooming of the cherry blossoms around the tidal basin. I went two years ago for the first time and was amazed at how beautiful all of the trees looked as they lined the basin. It was surreal walking through the blossoms and being engulfed by them. Despite my allergies, it was well worth it.



I didn't make it back last year, but will definitely stop by during the peak bloom season. I'll see if I can remember to bring my camera for some pictures and try to control my hands from "borrowing" some blossoms from the trees. I'm glad to see they have fully recovered, letting me sleep better at night.

No comments: