Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wednesday – I Got Crabs From Dirty Dicks

That's from the best sign for a crab restaurant you’ll see in the OBX by the way. Today we enjoyed a great (as if there's any other kind) BPHTN day. I broke open my summer book, “Fantasyland” by Sam Walker. My quick review: As someone who should really be better read and hasn’t opened a “legitimate” (non-sports) book in a few years, this book was an easy read. Like any good sports fan, I was into the first 1/4, skimmed the middle, and got back into the last 1/4. If you like fantasy sports, you’ll appreciate his access and ability to do all of the things that any fantasy player would want to do: contact NASA mathematicians for stats and speak with “your” players about underperformance, etc.



This has nothing to do the book review, but you can never have enough beach pictures.

Competing in an ultra-competitive league, he did quite well for himself. He wrote some nice one-liners, but there wasn’t enough to keep me interested in the minutia of his season’s day-to-day activities and biographical sketches of the league’s participants. Read the book if you like and understand fantasy sports, otherwise you’ll think he’s a nutjob, like all of us fellow fantasy players. That reminds me, I have 3 football drafts next week which will of course lead to 3 last place finishes.

Tonight’s meal was crabs for the second time in less than a week. This batch was sweeter, but a few of them were devoid of any meat. Some corn and fresh vegetables rounded out the meal for the crabeaters.

No comments: