Monday, March 27, 2006

Need to Send a Large File?

My friend was looking for video of Kobe Bryant's 81-point performance. Since I have a habit (really an addiction) of collecting sports videos on my computer, I told him I had saved NBA.com's streaming video clip showing each point. The file is 24 MB, too large for any email message, but a perfect excuse for a site he told me about called Yousendit (Delivering over 43,973,865,717,760 bytes per day).

It lets you upload a file up to 1 GB, then sends you and your (sometimes imaginary) friend a link to the file for downloading. I uploaded the file in about 10 minutes last night with my connection. You may only upload one file at a time so to get around this, I suggest zipping your files into one file and sending that. Otherwise, you could always complete multiple uploads. It's a helpful site when you don't have any CDs to burn your larger files.

No comments: