Friday, January 06, 2006

A Perfect Way To Die

I can't believe I went a whole day without posting some miscellaneous/boring entry. That's what happens when my usual writing time is "interrrupted".

I've never been much of a bowler, so I've got a long way to match Ed Lorenz's career. Having already been inducted into the Kalamazoo Metro Bowling Association Hall of Fame, Lorenz, at 69 years old, bowled a perfect game last week. Sadly, in the fifth frame of the next game, he died. He went out at the top of his game. It was a career moment for Lorenz who had bowled two other perfect games in 2004 and was a member of four bowling leagues.



You know it's old skool bowling when you have to keep score.

Lorenz had been bowling since 1957. Since 2002, his bowling achievements [now] include three 300 games, a 299 game, two 298 games, two games of 11 strikes in a row and two 800 series. Lorenz ended last season with a 223 average.

No comments: