Monday, January 23, 2006

Cheesecake Factory - Good Food and a Sore Back

I visited the Cheesecake Factory for dinner over the weekend and ordered my usual Cajun Jambalaya pasta dish. It was a solid meal of which I had the usual leftovers. I've never seen anyone actually finish an entire meal there. The portions are huge, I should just order one and split it. It seemed like the second you ate a forkful of pasta, they secretly put more on your plate through a little hole underneath it all. It's an incredible magic trick. It's like the Never Ending Pasta Pot.



What the cajun jambalaya plate looks like after you've been eating for 30 minutes...that's right, it never ends.

The White Flint location was no different than any other Factory that I've visited, especially with its long wait time. I put my name in at 6:15 and didn't get seated until 7:30ish. Well within the "55-70 minute wait" we were told, but it's still a long time. I almost laughed when I heard people putting their names down when we were seated and being told the wait will be 90 minutes. If you want to eat there, get there early because there'll be a really long wait otherwise and you may not have a mall to walk around and kill time.



If you want good food, your back and wallet will have to pay. Couldn't someone have tested the seats by sitting in them before going nationwide?

I had no issues with the meal though if I could talk to the restaurant's builder, I'd ask for some seats that don't make your torso perpendicular to the floor. The booth seats offer no cushioning even with my junk in the trunk it wasn't comfy. I found myself adjusting and hunched over most of the meal. With zero padding and lumbar support, my back would have ached if we stayed longer. I wouldn't mind having some NJ diner booth seats instead. The food is a safe bet, but just remember to bring your own seat cushions or make an appointment for a massage/chiropracter right after. By the way, we didn't go for the cheesecake because our stomachs would have exploded, but I'm sure they're tasty.



Mock New Jersey as you will, but at least we know how to sit comfortably.

No comments: