Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's Fitness Made Stupid

I'd like to thank John Basedow for oversaturating the local cable advertising market with your poorly shot, edited, and produced commercials and even worse videos for "Fitness Made Simple". Granted, I haven't seen any of the videos, but I think their quality can be inferred. Come on, like you don't laugh when you see the older guy wearing the Chicago Bulls jersey in the before and after. Those pictures are supposed to sell more videos, right? Some of those after shots are a little disturbing with fake tans and oiled bodies that shouldn't have ever been tanned and oiled. It's hard to see that much improvement in most of those shots, even with people sticking out their stomachs in bad lighting for the before, and then getting cleaned up and sucking it in for the after.



If it's okay with you, I don't want to look like this guy.

The thing is, I bet he's sold tons of his corny videos, while every exercise and diet advice you get is available on the Internet. Damnit, why did I come out with my own line of videos? I'm sure some suckers would by mine just b/c they're on TV. Then again, I don't have the credability of a "fitness celebrity".



Hi, I'm John Basedow. I dehydrate myself for a few days to show "defined" muscles and always have pictures taken of me with a slight twist in my torso.

Here's John Basedow...
He's going to show you how.
To reach your potential...
And turn your whole life around.

It's fitness made simple...made for real people.

It's changing real lives!

Living a better life!

It's fitness made simple....made for real people.



I actually found a picture of him with a shirt on. Of course, next time we see him, he'll have an even worse tan and his hornet's nest hair will be a different color.

Here's one blog of many discussing his oversized head on his chicken body. I'd also like to apologize for putting the video's song in your head the rest of the day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't understand why you don't want to look like that guy. Ha. I can't stand that commercial! Funny post.