Wednesday, August 10, 2005

It's good to have a friend with great vision

Last night, while eating dinner, my friend noticed someone walking by the cars in front of my apartment with a flashlight. She said it looked like a tow truck driver checking everyone's parking permits or lack thereof. Fortunately she noticed him and his flashlight and asked me if I had put my temporary parking pass on the rearview mirror. Of course, I hadn't b/c I was going to place it there after I got gas for my car that afternoon. Well I took a nap and never got around to getting the gas. So I ran downstairs in my slippers and placed the permit on the mirror, and just to make things square, I got a few gallons of gas, shortly after 10 in those same slippers.



I'm just glad that I got to write about cutting things close with the permit, instead of one lamenting my forgetfulness causing me to be out $150 and complain about the logistics of getting that cash and making it to the impound lot after my car was towed.

No comments: