Friday, March 14, 2008

TiVO Highlight Reel Needed

I have really enjoyed my TiVO the last 20 months and look forward to 16 more until my contract runs out and I work'em down to a cheap monthly price. I've learned to never question it when a show is not recorded and if TiVO tells me a show will air, the show will air. It never fails. I could live without it and just watch less TV, but its convenience makes it a very nice luxury.



Don't be so sad, I'll probably renew next year.

After my buddy showed me how to set the remote to skip ahead in 30-second increments, I was set. This function is great for football games because it's about 30 seconds between plays, allowing you to miss the worthless instant replay of a 3-yard run and the announcer banter. To my SO's bother, I try to use the 30-second skip during non-sporting shows and I always mess up. I always skip too far ahead and have to hit the 8-second rewind button 3 times (meaning I overskipped by 24 seconds).


The guts that let me play God with TV scheduling.

The only feature TiVO needs is a simple and instant way to record small clips of programming to make a highlight reel. Whether it's a sports play, punchline, or kick to the groin on America's Funniest Videos, it'd be cool to call those up at a moment's notice. I could make my own using the same method for my Super Bowl DVD, but most clips aren't worth that much effort. People of TiVO, you have read my wish.
Digg my article

No comments: