Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Give Thanks For My Spring Break Commute

With what little space my humble blog takes on the Internet, I would like to thank the local DC, MD, and VA school systems for their spring breaks the last two weeks. A special thanks to the Montgomery County school system for its spring break this week. My commute on Route 29 and around the Beltway between Georgia Avenue and the American Legion Bridge has been spot on since Friday in fact. Not having to deal with school buses and their at-the-speed-limit driving has curved my urge to go all Grand Theft Auto on them and the kids waiting by the curb.



In 3-4 years, the stadium will be this full after the newness hype wears off and Washingtonians realize the team is awful. Exhibit A: My awful O's at Camden Yards the last 10 years.

Alas, commutes will return to a grinding halt after tomorrow. Daily drivers won't get a reprieve until vacations start in the summer. At least it can't get much worse than trying to drive through the District this weekend with cherry blossom tourists, the national marathon, and the opening of the new Nats stadium.

No comments: