Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...At One Metro Station

Every DC metro station that I've visited has been bland and utilitarian. So it was quite a surprise when I arrived at the Friendship Heights station today. Lots of holiday decorations to be seen from the moment the elevator doors open until the platform escalators. I'll surmise this was all paid for by station employees or Metro has a budget surplus its not telling us about. Nevertheless, well done Friendship Heights! Pictures courtesy of my 1.3 MP cell phone camera.

Off the elevator, I was faced with a gluttony of blown-up holiday characters and items.


Nutcracker soldiers defend the wreaths and lights adorning the Metro booth.


Not pictured are ribbons and garland wrapped around every rail.

No comments: